At Douglas First United Methodist Church we strive to be a welcoming group of people who work together to show the world the love of Christ. Whether it be Sunday School, or Sunday Morning Worship, Wednesday night programming where we all learn and grow together, or any of the multiple outreach opportunities that we have to reach our town we know that you will find a home in DFUMC.
- Sunday, June 14, will be Doug and Lynn last Sunday with us. We will have a morning worship service in the Courtyard between the Sanctuary and the Education Building at 8:30. This will be followed by a reception for the Walkers in the Courtyard from 9:30-10:30. The 11:00 Worship Service will be offered online.
- Sunday, June 21, will feature an online service only. Youth Pastor Josh McLemore will offer the message.
- Sunday, June 28, we will hold the 11:00 Worship Service in the Sanctuary. This will be James and Diane Sapp’s first Sunday with us. As you would expect, we will observe numerous precautions to prevent the spread of the Virus – social distancing, no handshakes or hugs, face masks, hand sanitizers, no printed materials, and a few other common sense efforts to protect all of us. We will ask those who have a fever that day, who don’t feel well, or have pre-existing conditions to refrain from attending and to join us online. This plan continues for Sunday, July 5. The Sewing Ministry has provided a limited number of face masks for those in need. It is thought that this will be a one-time offering, and the same mask will be used for an extended period of time
- Sunday, July 12. Sunday School classes wishing to do so will begin in-person meetings in the format, time, and location of their choosing. Nursery services will be provided during the traditional Sunday School hour and 11:00 Worship beginning July 12.
- Plans call for the FUMC weekday Pre-School Program to follow the opening schedule adopted by the Coffee County Schools.
- Plans for late Summer and early Fall will be announced as they are formulated.
- The Church Office is open during regular hours. For security reasons restricted access is observed, so it is best to phone ahead of your arrival.
WHATS HAPPENING DURING THE WEEK?
With Covid-19 changing so many parts of our lives we have had to be creative about ways to stay connected in this time of social distancing below is a list of some opportunities we currently have:
- Online Bible Study with Pastor Doug--Wednesdays at 6:30 pm on Zoom. Contact him for directions
- New Covenant Sunday School on Facebook at 10 am. Contact Don and Penny Griffin
- Friends in Faith Sunday School on Zoom at 10 am. Contact Jess Woodard
- Livestreamed worship Sundays at 11am on Facebook live
- Youth Zoom meetings Wednesday and Sunday at 6pm. Friday Zoom Prayer Breakfast 10 am. Contact Josh McLemore for instructions.
Welcome! It is a real joy for us to meet newcomers and to tell you about all the good things God is doing in our church family. No matter where you've come from and where you are on your spiritual journey, we want to come alongside to inspire, equip and encourage you to live out a life that will bring glory to God and be a blessing to the world.
Our Sunday morning services provide an opportunity to bring all of us together and share in a time of celebration of who God is and what doing in our world. Because each of our daily routines are so different, our Sunday services are a special time where we can worship God and fellowship together.
Early Service: 8:30 am on Sundays (Contemporary)
Late Service: 11:00 am on Sundays (Traditional)
Location: 311 N Madison Ave - Douglas GA
We have a ton of kids at DFUMC and we take pride in all the activities we have for them. We want your child to want to come to church and we work hard to make that happen. Whether that be age specific areas for them during adult worship, fun events or even retreats we are sure to have just what your child needs to grow and play in a Christ centered environment!
We believe that financial giving is a way God has called us to worship Him. Some churches tend to be shy in asking for donations to keep ministry going. It is a matter of fact that we need money to operate and we hope that you will choose to partner with us in ministry.